If funds are a concern then there can be nothing better than engineered flooring. Engineered flooring is the best alternative to solid based flooring. It is like giving the floor a cover which will help protect the base. You can use a variety of floor materials which will be engineered to cover the base solid floor. These are wood, vinyl, stone, rubber, marble, bamboo, tile and many others. It gives the entire look an attractive feel. These floorings are created artificially and are very economical as well. Now you can decorate your home with these floorings and you can also get the best longevity from these engineered floors.
Everything About Engineered Flooring
- Trend: – It is the conventional trend of many residences and family choice for using stone, marble or concrete as a choice for making the flooring of their houses. These are highly durable materials and hence are widely chosen. Engineered flooring is a way how people can use other flexible materials such as bamboo in their houses. Not only is this eco-friendly but also highly durable and low maintenance. So now you can easily install these floors in your house and save a lot of maintenance cost.
- Modern Trend: – The recent trend in the world is using hard wood based floors. These floors offer the floor a great solid framework. These help the floor get back its elegance by refinishing it in a fresh new manner. As per the type of the wood chosen for this engineered flooring its price varies. You can choose the different texture of these wooden floors and you can also apply different colors of these wooden floors in your different rooms.
- Production: – Multiple layers of flooring are glued together and final engineered flooring is produced. Soft plywood or hard wood is used in the core of the flooring. For using engineering flooring, one can easily procure the hardwood they need. Groove system and tongue are arranged in a well fit manner. Thick veneer layer made from any hardwood gives the floor the right finesses it needs.
What are the Advantages of Engineered Flooring?
- The best benefit one derives from using engineered flooring is its warm look and graceful outwardly finesses. Hardwood makes the infrastructure solid while real wood makes it warm. One can find a wide variety of such hardwood options. Such engineered flooring can be easily installed over any concrete slabs or sub floor base.
- These floors do not get damaged by humidity and the installation process of this flooring is very simple and it can save your time and cost too.
Things to Ask Before Purchasing
- Ensuring the Product Chosen is Right: – The market is filled with a variety of flooring options. For a novice deciding which the best type of flooring for their house is can be a daunting task. There are even DIY kits available in the market. Also, different part of the houses requires a different choice of wood.
- How Long will it Last: – Not everyone wishes to change the floor of their houses regularly. Normally particular flooring must serve for a bare minimum of 30 years. Many manufacturers offer lifetime warranties as well.
- Maintenance Tips: – Professional experts providing engineered flooring recommend that a regular cleaning will add to the life of these floorings. A simple wood floor cleaner can be used using a micro fibers cloth for mopping the floor. Using rags or mats over the entire flooring area will add greater protection to it.
For families where all the members are quite busy engineered flooring is the best choice. Such floors are not unaffected by the transformations of seasons and time. The price is less and also gives the entire house a cozy feeling.