The gate is a vital structure for any building as it protects the main entrance of the house. Hence, it is essential to construct the gate with highly strong and durable materials, to provide elegance and full-proof protection to the residential buildings. Usually, wrought iron, steel, and aluminium are the metals commonly used for this purpose. Metal gates are considered to be the first choices for all the house owners who want the best entrance for their homes. There are many benefits of installing these gates. Some of the reasons are listed below:
Reasons for Choosing Metal Gates for the Home Entrances
- High durability – The expense for installing the metal gates are fully justified due to remarkable durability of the metals used for constructing these gates. Only high-quality metals are utilized for gate construction, for which these gates are guaranteed to last for many years, even after withstanding all the adversities of the weather. So, the house owners need not worry about the replacement of their gates for a very long time.
- Prevent intrusion – The immense strength of the metals used for making these main gates are highly useful in preventing burglary or unwanted intrusion into the house. No one can break these metal gatesand enter the building without the permission of the owner. Thus, the safety of the resident is ensured due to the presence of this type of gate at the entrance of the house. Belongings are also secured from thefts or burglaries by these gates, when they may be away for vacation.
- Perfect landscaping – When a beautifully designed iron or steel gate is installed at the entrance point of a house, it boosts the elegance of the entire landscape of the building premises. Some house owners prefer to install iron fences matching to their metal gates, which further add to the beauty of the building. The shiny appearance and the artistic designs of these gates makes even the simple and small houses look highly sophisticated. Sometimes, the homeowner may ask for customized design of the gate, as per his taste and budget in this regard.
- Easy maintenance – The maintenance of the iron or steel gates are quite simple, as these structures can be wiped off regularly with a piece of cloth and a mild cleaning agent to clean the accumulated dust and dirt from the surfaces of the gates. Due to the immense strength of these metals used, the repair of these gates is hardly required even after a number of decades of installation.
- Ensure privacy – The high metal gates prevent the entry of stray animals or unknown people into the house. Hence, the privacy of the residents is ensured due to the presence of these gates on theentrance of the houses. These gates also prevent the untimely straying out of the pets and the kids of the house, as they cannot find a way out into the streets when the gates are locked.
Many house owners also install metal gates at the entrances of their garages or parking spaces, to keep their vehicles secure from any theft, particularly at nights. The security of these gates may be further enhanced with the installation of CCTVs and other electronic security systems. The gates made of steel and wrought iron are also made to be fireproof, thus lessening the degree of damage in case of a fire. Moreover, these gates are not prone to cracks or moulds like the wooden doors. The manufacturers of these gates should take care to of these metal structures completely so that they are rustproof as well.