For fencing and installation of gates in the premises, steel stands out as a popular choice not only due to its cost-effectiveness but also due to its highly expected life expectancy. The normal age of the steel gatesis about 30 years, but however, due to the fast-changing environmental conditions as well as the increasing rates of pollution have caused tremendous change with this figure. These issues have put the researchers to think and develop more sustainable options for maintaining the high life of the steel gates. This article deals majorly about the common problems faced by the users of the same and how one can tackle to the same.
These are the common causes that you should be aware of if you are planning to install steel gates:
- Natural causes, that depend upon the soil movement and hence shifting of the original position of the gate over time. This also leads to sagging down of the structures that can cause fitting issues and hence eventually leads to the failure of the same.
- Wear and tear caused due to ageing and repeated use of the same material over long periods and also partly due to not sticking strictly to the routine check-ups of the steel maintenance from the supervised personnel.
- Unavoidable accidental problems like bumping or striking of a heavy object to the steel structure that leads to dents and eventual failure of the same due to the weakness in these dents.
Human Prone Errors Which Include the Following Issues
- Lack of regular lubrication at the hinges and joints of the gate that leads to the creation of a lot of unwanted noises in the long term and hence may also lead to changing of them at regular intervals, thus incurring more costs on maintenance issues.
- The reinforcements getting weaker from prolonged use, lack of proper maintenance and weakening of the base material at the critical regions thus aggravating the issue.
- The braces of the fence getting corroded due to improper timings of the painting of the gates, thus causing leaching of the material and eventually failure of the same in holding the different parts of the gate.
- Repeated cycles of loading and unloading in the critical regions of the gate causing the critical regions to get sagged up, loosen and hence distort the assembly and its stability.
Be it a manmade or natural cause, it is quite evident that the solution is beyond the hands of the common man and that it is very difficult within the bounds of him or her to solve the problem alone. Normal galvanizing of the steel and regular painting of the same are just short-term solutions but when it comes to the basic strength of the materials and fitting issues, an expert assistance is a must to solve the problem. However, one must also choose that assistance wisely in order to get out of the problem easily and not stay trapped within it on a loop.
Hence the following are some parameters that decide which brand should be called for the help,
- A highly skilled working staff that can handle all forms of the problems easily
- A good networking with the customers to maintain a good and sound relation with the same
- A proper guarantee on all the products and free replacement for damages within the period
- Fast response to the consumer problems