If you are bored of the conventional carpeting donning length and breadth of your floor, probably it’s time to give Sisal floor rugs a try. They are 100% natural and come loaded with a host of features, which make them an absolute must-have for your homes. What makes sisal floor rugs really special is their constituting structure of natural fibres which gives it an organic appeal and texture suited for varied uses. Are you looking for sisal rugs in Melbourne? There are ample options available to choose from. But before that, here are 5 facts about this eco-friendly rug option that you must know.
- These are derived from Cactus Plant: Sisal floor rugs are made up of natural plant fibre extracted from a special variety of a cactus plant called Agave Sisalana. They are sustainable and yet very stylish. Also, if you are concerned about the environment and want to do your bit by turning onto the eco-friendly options available, then replacing your regular rugs with the sisal ones can be one positive step in the same direction.
- Highly durable: Sisal floor mats are highly durable and long lasting. They can easily withstand rough use without showing signs of wear or tear any sooner. You can place them in high activity zones like living rooms or bedrooms without the fear of them getting ruined or turned into a mess. In short, a much sturdier option at your disposal to take care of your dirty rug woes.
- Easy to take care of: These natural fibre rugs are super easy to clean. All you are required to do is to make use of a vacuum for day-to-day cleaning routine. Spills are also easy to take care of. Simply pour over a special solution made for sisal spot treatment, rub off after a while and you are good to go. It is cheap and easily available at a store near you.
- They look uber chic: Sisal mats, no matter where you place them, they are sure to lift the aesthetic look of the chosen area. The trademark rustic beige look this rug carries instantly imparts that fresh organic feel to your home. Whether it is the bedroom room, corridor or the living area, Floorspace sisal floorings are capable of enhancing the overall dynamics in more than one way.
- Fits well with a rug pad: Rug pads are usually placed underneath a rug or large mats. They are used for the safety and rug life enhancement by acting as a barrier between the floor and the rug. This considerably cuts down the possibility of damage to a great extent. There are special rug pads available in the market, which are custom, made, keeping the special requirements of sisal based rugs in mind. It helps in increasing their life and durability further.
Based upon the facts shared above, sisal floor rugs can prove themselves to be a great and eco-friendly, floor covering and enhancement option of our times.